Resources for learning Paratext
Paratext training manual
This training manual (originally developed in Cameroon) has been revised for version 9.2. This website contains versions 9.2 and 9.3 in both English and French. It follows the six stages of the translation process covering most of the tasks in the SIL compact plan. Modules can be selected for various training courses or it can also be used as self-study.
Summaries are available in English and French. Version 9.2 is complete. Version 9.3 is updated as videos are revised.
- 📖 Download the Manual PDF here
- It has 25 chapters in 140+ A4 pages but is designed to print as A5 booklet.
Summaries of 90+ Paratext training videos
Over 90 training videos have been produced to help you learn Paratext. These summaries are to remind you of the specific steps needed to apply what you have learnt to your language project. Summaries are available in English and French.
- 📽️ Video summaries (90+) listed by task grouped by stage.
- 📽️ Video summaries (90+) listed by specific Paratext features
- 📖 Download the Summaries PDF here
- (in order by features)