In this module, you will learn how to update your progress by marking tasks as completed. You will also create a progress report.
Before you start
You have been working on your translation and have finished a task. You now want to update your progress.
Why is this important?
For the project plan to work well, you need to mark the tasks you have finished. This allows Paratext 9 to make the next task available for the other team members. It also gives Paratext accurate information on your progress for the reports. Creating a progress report helps you prepare a report for your supervisors and funders.
What you are going to do
You will open the assignments and progress window and update the progress made. You will then produce a report.
6.1 Make sure the progress of the plan is up-to-date
- Open the project plan (using the blue button)
- Update the progress on all tasks (see PP1 for instructions on each type of task).
6.2 Change an assignment
This can only be done if you have progress permissions.
- From the ≡ Tab, under Project menu, select Assignments and Progress…
- From the first drop-down list at the top left of the dialog, select All Tasks.
- In the Assigned to column, use the drop-down list to choose who will have responsibility for the task or check (listed in the Task/Check column at the far left).
6.3 Produce a progress report
- From the Project menu, select Project Health Report….
- Choose the project(s) to report
- Click OK.
- The report will contain a column for each project you selected.
6.4 View team progress charts
- From the ≡ Tab, under Project menu, select Progress charts…
- Use the first dropdown box to choose the type of chart
- Choose the books as necessary.
- Click the print icon
- A window opens
- Click the Print icon
- Choose your printer (or PDF printer)
- Click OK.