Resources for learning Paratext
Paratext Training Manual
This training manual (originally developed in Cameroon) has been revised for version 9.3. This website contains versions 9.2 and 9.3 in both English and French. It follows the six stages of the translation process covering most of the tasks in the SIL compact plan. Modules can be selected for various training courses, or it can also be used as self-study.
- 📖 Download the PDF version here
- It has 25 chapters in 200 A5 pages to be printed as a booklet. Or used as an off-line copy.
Video Summaries of 90+ Paratext training videos
Over 90 training videos have been produced to help you learn Paratext. These summaries are to remind you of the specific steps needed to apply what you have learned to your language project.
Summaries are available in English and French. All version 9.2 video summaries are included. Version 9.3 updates will be added as videos are revised.
📽️ 90+ summaries listed by specific Paratext features
📽️ 90+ summaries listed by task grouped by stage.
📖 Download the Summaries PDF here - in order by tasks
Latest upload includes
Revisions to Glossary (Manual and Video summary) as at 26 February 2023
- Training Manual 9. GL - Glossary
- Video summary 1A.4d Editing Entries
Revised videos as at 30 December 2022
- 3.3a Interlineariser - How to Start
- 3.3b Interlineariser - How to Use
- 4.1 Collaboration - Paratext Live
- 6.1 Parallel Passages